Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Week 61

OMG! I am on time this week. I got a lot done so I feel very motivated to write it down.

#40--I watched three movies this week.

The first was The Apartment. Great flick. The movie showcases Jack Lemmon and Shirley MacLaine as co-workers in an insurance firm. She is the elevator attendant and he works on the 19th floor. They casually flirt and make small talk, but it never goes anywhere until Fred MacMillian starts to complicate things. The movie also stars the apartment that Jack lives in. Normally, I would not call an inanimate object a star, but the pad plays a huge role. Jack wants to move up in the firm, so he allows the execs to "spend an evening" with their mistresses in his apartment. Things are copacetic until Fred brings Shirley to the place. Drama ensues involving some sleeping pills, a nosy neighbor and a rummy game. In the end Jack gets the girl, loses his job, moves to a new place and finishes the rummy game.

Mark and I watched The Graduate. So, I had no idea what to expect from this flick. I kept singing "Here's to you Mrs. Robinson" in anticipation of watching it. I was not disappointed. This movie was slightly manic so the best way to describe it is as follows: Boy graduates. Boy gets seduced by his older neighbor. Boy is nervous, but eventually "graduates". Affair continues. Boy meets seductress' daughter. Boys falls for daughter. Seductress gets uber, crazy jealous. Girl almost marries a dolt. Boy stops the wedding. Seductress screams that it is too late, but we know it is not. Boy and girl make a mad dash out of the chapel and ride the public bus off into the sunset. Whew! So that scene in Wayne's World 2 makes way more sense now.

I watched American Graffiti. Great insight into the 60's. There was great music, sexy cars, sock hops, car hops, drag racing, girl chasing, car stealing, water balloon throwing, and Wolfman Jack. What else do you need?

#47 With the advice from my cousin, I went vegetarian last week. It wasn't as bad as I thought. I had some great dinners and, everyone hold on to something, Mark ate the veggie dishes I made. He only relented one night when he had chicken soup. I made vegetarian chili with corn masa stacks, spicy veggie wraps with chickpeas and spinach, and enchiladas made with tofu. Mark and I could be persuaded to eat like this more often. Of course, I do like my steak and pork, but a veggie night every so often is good too.

#74 Listened to the following cd's.

Extreme--3 Sides to Every Story. Sucked. I am concerned that Mark has this.

Genghis Angus--12 Days. Sucked. Christian Rock. This was a local band that asked Mark to play with them. He said no, but we still have the CD.

Gathering Field--Lost in America. See above description of Genghis Angus.

KISS--Revenge. This was the album they took their makeup off for. It was weird and not KISS. It was way over-produced and clean for them. KISS, take my advice. Keep the Starchild!

The Dead Weather. This is Jack White's newest incarnation. This was the only saving grace of music yesterday. This band is great. They get very organic and juicy with their music. If you have not heard them, you need to put down what you are doing, get off the computer, and immediately get a cd. It will change you. At least go to ITunes. We saw them live at Jazz Fest in New Orleans this year. Great show!

#73 I learned to shuffle poker chips. I am up to 12 chips total. It only took me 2 months and a couple of hand cramps, but now I will be feared at the poker table. The power is in my hands!!
I will distract my opponents with the quickness and accuracy of my shuffle. The rhythmic sound will put any player into a trance, after which I will take all their chips. Fear me! Muwahahahaha muhahahaha muwahahaha! Sorry, I got carried away. I am sure my ability to shuffle chips will have no affect on the tables. Or will it......?

No comments:

Post a Comment