Monday, March 12, 2012

Week 139

Getting down to the wire---

#80 Ball parked and mapped out our first stop on our 7 Wonders Tour. The Grand Canyon seemed to be the logical first choice as far as finances. Looking at about $4250.00. Seems like a lot, but that does include everything--food, lodging, souvenirs and activities. Cool activities--floating down the Colorado, riding a donkey to the floor of the canyon, glass bridge, waterfalls, rock viewing, stargazing and helicopters. Worth every penny. Looking at September--maybe for our anniversary. We will see how the rest of the year unfolds. I do have a price tag for the trip and an envelope to stuff money into every so often.

#68 Went to Dandelion Cafe for their Full Moon Drum Circle. Found Red Moon Henna. I immediately picked a design and got inked. I did both backs of my hands. We did a peacock design on one and a floral motif on the other. I let Ron pick the flowers. I originally wanted to do peacocks on both, but he was feeling a complimentary design. I love it!! I have gotten so many compliments. The design is beautiful and the quality is on the same level. I want to do more in the future. This is closest I will get to a real tattoo. That is okay with me and M is definitely on board with that decision.

#36 Rubbed M's feet. I even smooched them. They needed a little extra love after the ginormous tourney he played in over the weekend.

#101 I rolled my IRA into a Roth IRA and deposited $2500.00. I am trying to get ahead of the retirement game. M and I are terribly behind, so I am playing catch up now. This is a good start and a good boost in the account. I also switched to aggressive stocks in the hopes that I will build it faster. We don't plan to crack this nest egg open until we are ready to retire. Hopefully, the market will work with us. Please.....

No comments:

Post a Comment