Tuesday, August 4, 2009

week four

I know I am late getting this week updated. The weekend was long and full of manual labor.

A couple of things did get the big, gratifying checkmark!!

--Develop data base for friends/family birthdays and anniversaries, #2, done and done. I found a calendar function in my excel program. I can go by month and list all the days. Super convenient and it took 2 minutes to set it up and about 15 minutes to fill it in. I will add dates as they come to my attention.

--July 31st was a memorable day. Mark and I had our first dark night, #18. It was amazing. We cooked an entire dinner on the grill--pork chops, beans, corn. We played Life by candlelight. I lost. We played a lot of card games--Gin rummy(I lost), Liverpool Rummy(I lost), and Slap Jack(Mark never played this before but still beat me). It was a consious effort to not turn on a light as we went from room to room. Mark did turn on one light for a half a second. He said you could hear me in the next county screaming to turn the light off. We also unplugged all the chargers. The computers got shut down. We did not turn the monitors/speakers off right away because we did not notice they were still on. Bottom line, we got 80% of the electricity off which is a good effort for the first time. We will be at 100% in August.

--July 31 also saw #64 completed. Mark was sodding the yard and I was doing light yard work. The sky opened up and we got drenched. Mark was adamant about finishing the tilling, so I walked beside him with an umbrella in an attempt to keep the torrential downpour off of him. He got to the point of stopping and the monsoon was in full effect. We went to the backyard and started to take off shoes and socks to not track in water. I figured, What the Heck!! We started splashing in the "Lake". We had such a good time. We played for about 45 minutes. We splashed each other, jumped, played disc golf and ran in the rain. The water was surprisingly warm so it made for a great rewind moment back to childhood!!

CD's I listened to this week:
-Bonham, The Disregard of Timekeeping--I get that is the great John Bonham's son, so I expected a little more rock. I thought it was very pop. His skills are amazing though, just like his father
-Bongo Hate, Plastastic--I have no other words except for Horrible.
-Boxcar Prophets, Little Tortures--Ok, sounded more like christian rock than regular rock
-Alice in Chains, Unplugged--Heck to the Yeah!! Album is amazing
-The B-52's, Time Capsule--The album is just good, clean fun.
-Bush, Sixteen Stone--Excellent
-Doyle Bramhall, Change it--Bluesy and catchy

Still flossing, drinking water and turning water off in the shower--so no change there.

Put more money in the mortgage fund, #5. That is up to $200. Also, I added to the savings fund, #101, up to $600.

Keep you posted

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! My name is Rachael and I'm located in WV. I'm not sure how I came across your board, but I wanted you to know I copied your list and I am planning to do this as well! I kept a few of yours including "inspire someone else to participate in this challenge" and I thought you should know that you have inspired me! I had heard of it before, but didn't know what it was, and I'm going to be doing this! I'm going to be following you, and I hope you'll do the same once I get my blog going! (It's on the list lol)

    Anyway, if you'd like to get in touch with me my email is rachaelfarris@hotmail.com!

    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete