Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Week 33

Watch out--only one day behind. I am getting better at this regular blogging thing.

Anyhoo, this week was all about movies and setups for later dates.

#40 This week, I watched 3 movies:

Sunset Blvd.--OMG what a great flick. Gloria Swanson played Norma Desmond's crazy cat lady persona perfectly without the cats. She did have a dead monkey though. That was creepy. The story is about a busted silent film star that is always waiting for her comeback role. She lives in this old busted mansion with hundreds of pics of her in her heyday. Her "butler" or husband, whichever, is her only human touch until Joe careens into her driveway after a high-speed chase from the repo guys. Joe is mistaken for the undertaker for the dead monkey and then the downward spiral starts. It was a fantastic flick--you must watch it!!

Chinatown--Maybe it was just me, but this movie was weird. It started going one direction and then the ending was something completely different. I am not going to lie, I was totally lost. There was incest, larceny, dead bodies, and cut noses. I could not see how the ending justified the movie. It did not suck, but I would not put this on top of my list again. Jack was a hottie though--smooches Jack!!

Who's Afraid of Virgina Woolf?: Wow, this flick surprised me. I thought it started really slow, but by the end, I was totally sucked in. It is one of those movies that you watch and you think you know what is going on and then BAM--plot change and you are saying "no way" on your sofa. Elizabeth Taylor was stunning in her role of Barbara. Definite recommend to watch.


I did get some things started. They haven't been completed, but they are started and I will absolutely be off the list by next week. Stay tuned for those exciting developments!!

No comments:

Post a Comment