Monday, March 8, 2010

Week 34-35

So here we are again...

Missed last week, but got some things crossed off the list.

#35-Left 2 love notes for Mark. There was a little film left on the counter after it was cleaned. I "wrote" I love you in the film. He saw it when he came home and thought it was very clever. Not my best cleaning moment, but some good came out of it.

Second one came in the form of owl mail. Universal Studios is opening the Harry Potter part of the park soon. Because we have annual passes, we get all the updates on the status of the opening. One of the gimmicks going on is the ability to send owl mail to someone. This is really a fancy way of sending an email. Basically, you type the message and it gets sent and the recipient goes to the owlery on the Universal Studios website to retrieve the message from the owl. Corny, but another clever way to tell my man I love him!

#37-Painted my nails in the first of three funky colors. Yellow was the color of the week and boy, it is bright! I have gotten compliments and kudos for wearing a great color such as yellow. I might have even encouraged others to break away from the bonds of browns, reds and pinks on their nails. I stand before you, not as a polish conformer, but as a polish boundary-breaker. I have seen the injustice of fun colors on nails and I will...sorry, got carried away. But, my nails did look great.

#77- Found 3 Waldos in a "Where's Waldo" book. Man, those guys are small and hard to find. My little eyes are straining to find the red and white striped fellow.

#27-Completed one of the pogo badge albums that I have. Not sure how many I have left cause there are so many.

#85-Put a light on the bike today. It was very exciting. I will be able to safely ride at dusk. This is big because I will be riding more often locally now and I don't want to get caught after dark on the bike. After all, car drivers are scary. Bike lanes are not your personal turn lane--but I digress.

#40-Watched "It Happened One Night". Great flick with Claudette Colbert and Clark Gable.
The cool thing about this movie is that it swept the five main awards at the Oscars as a comedy. That doesn't happen even today. The Academy loves them a drama. Best actor, actress, movie, director, and adapted screenplay awards were given to a movie that was thought of as the worst movie she made by Colbert and as a punishment to Gable for refusing a previous script. Go figure. This movie was widely considered the first screwball comedy and contains the famous show-off-some-leg-to-get-ahead-hitchhiking scene. It was highly entertaining!!

#5-Paid $3000 to the principal on the second mortgage. Yippee!! Somehow, it feels liberating to write out a big girl check like that. The sooner we get the house paid, the better.


Signing off for this week--L

No comments:

Post a Comment