Monday, March 15, 2010

Week 36

Holy Crikey!! I got a ton done this week!!

#36--I rubbed my man's feet this week. He played a disc golf tournament and he felt like an old man after he spent all weekend on his feet. I made him comfy on the sofa and started rubbing. Shudder. I don't know that this exercise will cure me of the foot creepies.

#40--Watched 2 more movies this week:
-All the President's Men. This is a docudrama that chronicles the journey of two reporters for the Washington Post that are uncovering the events leading up to the Watergate Scandal. Dustin Hoffman was great and Robert Redford, well, just plain yummy. Interesting fact about this flick is that Redford wanted to produce this movie with no-name actors. The studio not only refused, but told him he had to play one of the leads. That's showbiz.
-Bridge On the River Kwai. So, the only thing I took from this movie is that acting stubborn and hard-headed will only result in exhaustion, starvation, dehydration, and death. Alec Guinness is a British officer that leads a group of POW's in a Japanese work camp. Guinness doesn't want his officers to do the manual labor of building the bridge, so he starves himself until he gets his way. Then he takes over the bridge building and becomes so enamored with his ability to build and protect the perfect enemy bridge that he ends up blowing up the bridge and getting shot. It was a very entertaining flick, but it was long. Took two sittings to get through.

#10 Compiled my favorite recipes in a folder. I used an old binder and put about 50 recipes in plastic sheets. I have apps, dinner, desserts, sauces, pasta, and all sorts of goodies. Very excited to have my favs all in one place now.

#37 I painted my nails a gorgeous shade of spring green. Trying to get the green to come my way!!

#92 I completed a 1000 piece puzzle. Mark helped. Mom sent the puzzle for my birthday. We put it together within the week. It was fun and we worked well together, except I kept stealing the sections that Mark was working on. In my defense, they worked in the same section that I was working on.

#27 Completed another Pogo Badge album this week. I spend entirely too much time on Pogo.com

#78 I submitted another answer to Games Magazine on their website. This month's contest was very challenging. I got down to 4 answers that were very puzzling. They finally came to me and I submitted today. Basically, I had to combine movie titles, old and new, given only the first letter of every word. The last word of one title was the first word of the next title. Also, they removed 2- and 3-letter prepositions, articles, and conjuctions.

For example, I was given C __ A__ __ O (2*)*Number of movies. The answer is City of Angels in the Outfield.

Some were very challenging and used very obscure movies. I proved to be smarter than the contest.

#77 I found all the Waldos in a Where Waldo's Book. Those suckers are small and hard to find. I am still having nightmares in shades of red and white stripes!!


#74 And finally, here are the CD's I listened to:

Cheap Trick-Authorized Greatest Hits: Great CD with lots of classics
Steely Dan-Countdown to Ecstacy: Yeah, kinda boring and not my favorite. I always thought Steely Dan was a little more rock.
Candlebox-Candlebox: Yea Rock and Roll
Dire Straits-Alchemy Part 1: This was pretty good. I did not recognize a lot of the songs. Weird.
Earth to Andy:Very obscure band that sounds hacky
Dread Zepplin-Un Led Ed: What a great CD. Think Led Zepplin meets Reggae meets Elvis.
Bad Company: I don't remember listening to this one-That is not good.
Bush-Razorblade Suitcase: I love Bush, not like I love STP or Led Zepplin, but I love them.
Doobie Brothers-Best of the Doobies: Fun, Classic Band
STP-Core: These guys rock!!

That is a lot of stuff--pat on my back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment