Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Up to Week 52

So, I have been traveling over the last couple of weeks. I am back, but not too much is going on.

Let's see here--

Watched Rocky last week. I have nothing to say about this flick. If you have not seen it, then you should come out from under the rock as I did. It was awesome, even for a Sly Stallone movie. Interesting tidbit, it was written by Rocky himself. Who knew??

I wrote Mark two love notes. One was on the back of a vintage valentine I printed from online. I was working on the outfit for Halloween and came across this great image of two chubby, naked cherubs holding hearts and ribbons. I printed it and cut it out and called it my own. Mark loved it. It was the naked cherubs.

The other note I gave him was written on a postie note that I stapled to a rubber band. I shot the rubber band over to his part of the office. I almost took his eye out, but he got my message none the less. Later, he shot the rubber band back at me, but he hit the blinds instead. The love note is still there.

Read two books--

Beyond the Body Farm is about the first leaps in forensic science. It centers around a pathologist who bought land behind the University of Tennessee. He would place donated cadavers on the land and document all phases of decomp for science. The book doesn't center on the body farm, but more about some of the pivotal cases that he was a part of over the years. In some cases, he determined time of death and cause solely from findings at the body farm. He was also involved in some of the first cases that used teeth and DNA to determine identity. It was a great, but grusome, read.

Love is a Mix Tape. You know you had them. Any respectable kid growing up in the 80's had a full collection of mixed tapes for all kinds of situations--making out, driving, studying, hanging out with friends. Love is a Mix Tape tells the true tale of a young man and his obsession with the almighty mix tape. He tells his story of discovering lust, young love, serious love, lost love, and rediscovering love too the background of seemingly unrelated songs on a grainy TDK. If you grew up in the 80's and 90's and you honor the mixtape, you have to read this book.

Man, I suck. I am out and about over the next couple of weeks, but I am bound and determined to get this blog thing regular.

No comments:

Post a Comment