Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Week 55

Got some big things off the list this week.



#52 Mark and I went to the top of the Washington Monument. If you have never done this and will be visiting the DC area, you need to plan ahead and do this. It was amazing. The view of our nation's capital is stunning. Trust when I tell you to plan ahead. I overheard the security guard tell a tourist that the tickets were out until the end of September. They are free, with the exception of shipping.



#15 Ran a 5K while in Berkeley Springs. We were there for a family vacation. We stayed just outside of the state park that sponsored a 5K charity run/walk for Alzheimer's Research. Karl sponsored my entry fee and Brian, my brother-in-law, ran with me. He finished in just over 30 minutes and I finished in 40. Not a stellar performance, but I finished. Since it was a spur of the moment decision on vacation, I did not have my uber-expensive running shoes. Let me tell you, I paid for that severely for the next three days. Ouch!



#87, 19, 65--Still commited to these things every day. It has actually gotten easier as the months have gone on.



#36 Gave Mark an impromptu foot rub in our room in Reedville while Brian worked on the laptop and we discussed chemical procurement, vacations and conference call attendance. Good times.



#35 Gave Mark two more love notes. One was a renote that made its way back to me and then found its way back to Mark. I love travelling love notes. The second was a sloppy note quickly scrawled on Mark's work list for his logos. It was messy, but that is what made it beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment