Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Week 53

Getting ready to hit the road, so this will be short and sweet.

#8: Read Service Included. I got this one as a throw back to my restaurant days. I was expecting all these sordid tales about the inner goings on between the staff and the crazy things that tables ask for that I remembered from my years of waiting tables. It was not like that at all. It was more like a love story. The love between a 5-star place just opening and a waitress who landed a job. It was an interesting read. I will be passing it on to my friend, Michele because I know she will appreciate it as I did.

#35 Two loves to Mark this week. The first one was sent to him on the bottom of the weekly "honey-do" list. Of course, that one got marked off as done. The second got sent in an email. He had a full plate doing some free-lance things and he looked a little frazzled. Let's just say the note got send in the nick of time.

#36 Mark got lots of lovin' this week. Along with his love notes, he also got a foot rub. His dogs were tired after taking first place in his disc golf tourney. He asked, no begged, for a little rub down. Knowing he has sweaty feet, ICK, I hesitated for a minute. Then he gave me the kitten eyes. I sucked it up. He is not making the transition from hating feet to liking feet an easy one.

#40 Watched The Searchers. John Wayne. This is my favorite western so far. It was the only one that I got through in one sitting. John is a crotchety veteran of the Civil War. He doesn't like anybody. He doesn't like his family. He doesn't like the North. He doesn't like the Indians. He doesn't like the town Preacher and Sheriff. He doesn't like the adopted nephew. He doesn't like anybody. Then he gets roped into a search party that tries to locate his niece from the local Comanche Tribe. In the end, he gets his man, Scar. He gets the girl back safe. He gets his adopted nephew back to his love. He gets to tell the sheriff off. He doesn't get his own girl, but he is John Wayne. He is so bad-ass, he doesn't need one.

#75 Booked two non-soccer tournaments this week. We got a baseball tournament, which was a nice surprise because baseball usually doesn't follow a round robin schedule. He saw our boards a Midland and thought they would work. Also booked a lacrosse tournament. This is a sport we want to break into because they do use the same format as soccer. This tournament is put on by a league that does two other tournaments with us. Before we could contact him to offer, he placed the order. We are going in the right direction, which is up!

No comments:

Post a Comment